cool books entry #1 (tribal writer video blog)

Please forgive the stupid hair flip at the beginning of this video — it was accidental — but this is the first in a series of vlog entries about books I love, am loving, or expect to love, or just happen to think are kind of cool.

Amazon links to the books I mention, so you can check them out:

ZOMBIES: ENCOUNTERS WITH THE HUNGRY DEAD (edited by John Skipp)

GREEN (Jay Lake)

BOOKLIFE: STRATEGIES AND SURVIVAL TIPS FOR THE 21st CENTURY WRITER (Jeff Vandermeer)

Nov 1, 2009

Hi Justine!
Could you provide the ISBN for the first book (with your zombie story) because I can’t find it online… I’m assuming it’s already published. Thanks!

Hi Christine —

I edited the post to include links to the books. ZOMBIES just came out a couple of weeks ago.

Perfect, thanks Justine! :)

In my opinion you did great for a first video post! It actually inspires me to produce my first one too :-)

Booklife does sound like quite an interesting read indeed, will check it out… thanks for the tips!

I just find it really funny that you managed to hold all of the books upside down.

(Not complaining or anything! Just…what are the chances!)

Ha. GREEN looks upside down because the girl is actually hanging upside down from a tree. I know, it throws me off too (–wait, am I holding this frigging book upside down?–). It makes you want to turn it upside down so then it will seem rightside up. But it’s a good cover.

(And it’s a good book, just like I expected. I’m reading it now, when I’m *supposed* to be packing to go back to LA.)

Thanks! I’m looking forward to doing it again, and maybe getting some better technology to do it with. Good luck with yours. I suspect it’s addictive.

Do that hair flip again.

Oh god, don’t encourage me!

Yeah, the hair flip, combined with the infinite mirror recursion, was pleasantly disorienting.

Question for you: I got a big ol’ “Zing! Get this information into your brain!” hit off of Booklife, and was adding additional books to my Amazon order when I discovered that I can’t actually buy a copy of Blood Angel directly from Amazon, only from other booksellers with “fulfillment” by Amazon. What’s going on there…?

Yeah. Hair flip = good.

hair flip = COOL, gotta have it in every video, as prequel!! What character!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks