1 Maybe it’s just me, but there seems to be a bit of a backlash against blogging and “building author platforms”. Well-written, intelligent posts like this one point out – quite rightly – that blogging might be a waste of time. But perhaps these posts operate from the wrong set of assumptions. They assume that…
I came across this idea that you can know what you want by first figuring out who you want to be. True goals, what I think of as ‘north-star goals’, have a way of changing you. You need to push yourself past your comfort zone, do the things you fear, wrestle with the Resistance, acquire…
1 Most aspiring fiction writers don’t read enough fiction, which is like a fighter going into the ring with one hand tied behind her back. The game is over before it started. I’ve written about this before – Reading is the Inhale, Writing is the Exhale: Developing Writer’s Intuition – and posted about it in…
check out the book trailer to Joanna Penn’s new thriller PENTECOST Very pleased to present Tribal Writer’s first (…drum roll please…okay, enough with the drums) guest post. And how fitting it should be by Joanna Penn, whose site www.thecreativepenn.com is absolutely indispensable for anyone trying to figure out how the *#&$^ to be a viable…
live + work off your badass edge.
- is the enemy of creativity the culture of daily life?
- darling, it is time to be powerful.
- you are the power you don’t give away
- your second life starts when the world cracks you open
- at some point you learn that your passion is not your bliss. or your bitch.
- selfhood isn’t selfish
- sometimes happiness can only emerge from periods of unhappiness.
- you are your own damn permission slip
- how to be a hero/heroine: the power of story + the quest for true self
- Emma Watson + why the Artemis archetype makes for awesome heroines