11 reasons why reading is sexy
Five years from now, you’re the same person except for the people you’ve met and the books you’ve read.– John Wooden
1. Desire begins in the mind (and so does reading). click to tweet
2. Reading is mind-to-mind, soul-to-soul contact.
3. Reading has the power to shake up, transport and transform you.
4. A book can make an excellent prop over which to peer coyly at your victim.
5. Books can be subversive and dangerous, filled with ballsy ideas that ride motorcycles too fast, in the rain, without a helmet.
6. A book can spirit you off to another realm at a moment’s notice.
7. A book is always ready and willing to go to bed with you…
8. …or to loll about in a park, or beside the fireplace, or in the tub.
9. Reading gives you material with which to reinvent yourself.
10. A book will charm and delight you but has a mind of its own (ie: a book is not your bitch).
11. Reading provides you with a secret double life in which you can make glorious mistakes and risk it all wherever, whenever, and without consequence.
12. Reading increases your knowledge. Knowledge is power. Power is sexy.
13. Reading fiction increases your empathy and social skills. That increases confidence. Confidence is sexy.