Please forgive the stupid hair flip at the beginning of this video — it was accidental — but this is the first in a series of vlog entries about books I love, am loving, or expect to love, or just happen to think are kind of cool. Amazon links to the books I mention, so…
Tagged as: books
Fear of failure is a bitch. It’s like the bitch god or bitch goddess – depending on your preferred visualization – holding sway over so many of us. We learn young – especially in this culture – that people can be either winners or losers, and to be a loser – to Fail – is…
TRUST ME: Review of “TRUST AGENTS: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation & Gain Trust”
In my ongoing quest to learn about social media and how it applies to my life as a writer, I’ve attempted to review one of my favorite books on the topic. Would appreciate your thoughts & comments. TRUST AGENTS (by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith) fascinated me from the beginning, not just for the subject…
(thank you Marta Zieba) “As if how we construct meaning were not actually a matter of personal, intentional choice, of conscious decision. Plus, there’s the matter of arrogance… There is no such thing as not worshipping. Everybody worships. The only choice we get is WHAT to worship… If you worship money and things– if they…
A reader had asked about the title of the forthcoming zombie anthology that includes a story of mine called “Best Served Cold”*. The editor of the antho, John Skipp, took it upon his gracious self to answer the question in full, so I’ll just reprint him here: The book’s called ZOMBIES: ENCOUNTERS WITH THE HUNGRY…
live + work off your badass edge.
- is the enemy of creativity the culture of daily life?
- darling, it is time to be powerful.
- you are the power you don’t give away
- your second life starts when the world cracks you open
- at some point you learn that your passion is not your bliss. or your bitch.
- selfhood isn’t selfish
- sometimes happiness can only emerge from periods of unhappiness.
- you are your own damn permission slip
- how to be a hero/heroine: the power of story + the quest for true self
- Emma Watson + why the Artemis archetype makes for awesome heroines